Dear Miles ISD Community,
I hope you have had time to safely complete all your summer projects while spending some quality time with family and friends, doing the things you enjoy.
It has been a busy summer here in the district. We have been busy hiring new staff and putting everything in place to ensure we are ready for a successful new school year. Our maintenance staff has done an amazing job touching things up around the district and each campus custodial staff has done an outstanding job in getting classrooms and hallways cleaned, disinfected, polished and ready for staff and students to arrive.
First and foremost, I would like to inform you that we will keep our focus on the safety of students and staff to make for a great 2020-21 school year. In doing so, I would like to share a few important updates regarding the start of the school year.
- Students 5th grade and above, staff and visitors will be required to wear a face mask/covering when entering a MISD facility as required by Governor Abbott's Executive Order. Requests for accommodations should be submitted in writing to campus administration.
- MISD athletes will not be required to wear a mask while participating in sports activities.
- All MISD athletic events will be held to Governor Abbott's 50% capacity executive order. Information regarding how this will be administered will be sent out soon.
- All staff will be required to self-health screen prior to coming to work every day.
- Parents will be asked to administer the COVID-19 Health Assessment daily prior to sending their children to school, take their temperature, and keep them home if ill.
- Students who develop symptoms of the COVID-19 illness will be sent to the school health clinic, placed in isolation, and sent home immediately. Parents/Guardians will need to make every effort to receive children within 30 minutes.
The new 2020-21 school year will begin on Wednesday, August 19, 2020. It is my privilege to work with the community, parents and teachers of the Miles community. Thank you for what you do each and every day to make that happen. I look forward to seeing your child on August 19th at 7:50 a.m.
Miles Independent School District